Welcome to CSCS, established in 2004 to provide a structure to:
- Foster and coordinate research by faculty and students, and its dissemination within and beyond the University of Chicago
- Support and develop courses dealing with the various aspects of communication as a phenomenon at all levels of the curriculum;
- Establish and promote connections with scholars at other centers of communications research and teaching
- Extend existing interest in communication as an important thematic focus across various relevant units of the University of Chicago, encouraging them to develop communication as a formidable topic of research and teaching;
- Create and sponsor important public events for the University community and wider audiences that stimulate thinking about communication as a social process;
- Convey the importance of a social scientific and linguistic approach to communication to larger public.